Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Movie Tuesday

You probably don't want to see Interstellar despite all the excellent reviews (there are bad reviews also). I'll tell you why I didn't like the movie: The music is LOUD--so loud you can't hear what the actors are saying. It hurt my ears and I couldn't get over the morose music blasting and taking over the content of the movie. It shook our seats, which I imagine it was supposed to do to make it realistic. It ruined the movie in my opinion.

Science buffs will probably enjoy the movie for all the glitz, but I found the premise depressing. Earth is dying (remember climate change?) and a farmer (former engineer/pilot) flies a spaceship through a wormhole searching for a planet suitable for human life. There was some thought of sending people there to live, but ... well that's a spoiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment