Sunday, August 19, 2012

Movie Tuesday

Today's movie was the Bourne Legacy. Spoiler Alert: Jason Bourne isn't in it. But if you like action, there's plenty of it. You'll have to read the review (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1194173/) because I fell asleep in the middle. When I woke up there was a wild motorcycle chase going on in Manila, then the end. Oh well. Maybe I'll catch it again when it comes to the little screen.

Last Friday I went to the movies with my friend Rachel to see Magic Mike. No one wanted to see that movie, so we went together. However, when we got to the ticket counter, the cashier told us that Magic Mike was no longer playing. What? They pulled the movie out on Wednesday. When do they ever do that? I thought they ran Friday to Friday. Oh, well. Instead, we saw Hope Springs (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535438/) with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. I love those actors so I'm sorry to say the movie was dull and boring. There was a funny scene right at the end, but they could have started there and forgotten the rest. So sad. Who thought a movie about "middle" age sex and marriage would be interesting. And it's a stretch to call it middle age, more like post middle age. For those of us in it, who would want to watch it; and for the younger set, same story.

No comments:

Post a Comment