Friday, January 6, 2012

Up to Date

Ok, my blog is up to date. It's Friday, Jan. 6, 2012. Today I'm getting my teeth cleaned at 11 a.m. and then at 3 p.m. I'm taking Spike to the vet for a check-up. We are very concerned about him as he seems to have lost all sight and hearing.

We've watched him wander around, bumping into things and being thoroughly lost. We pull him out of corners and guide him to his food and water and the dog door so he can go outside. My heart breaks when I see how hard it is for him. He's 16 years and 7+ months old now. He spends a lot of time in our closet where he feels safe. When he comes out, it is usually to eat or do his duty.

He seems to have calmed down somewhat from the frantic walking in circles and wandering day and night. I try to help him as much as I can, but it's still difficult for him and for me, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment